Law Enforcement Response to Mixed Martial Arts Attack, CILETC - MMA2023-01
until August 22, 2023 16:00
About this course
“We don’t rise to the level of our expectations; we fall to the level of our training.”
Pro Train Inc is honored to partner with former U.F.C. Fighter Todd Brown and develop our newest and most physically challenging course for 2021. This course was created to push the students to their limits with real-life scenarios that can save lives. The techniques come from over 30 years of combat training and experience, learning first-hand what strategies work and which are useless in real-world combat. These techniques are simple and effective. Pain compliance techniques are the gateway to controlling resistive behavior and the best way to prevent escalation of force.
What will the student learn?
- Environment and bystander awareness (terrain concerns and escape avenues), controlling space
- Arts to fall, technical get up, foot sweeps…. Staying Safe
- Defense of chokes, back escapes, side mount escapes
- Body control escapes, choke escapes, and counters
- Striking stance, striking, defense, and counters
- Open guard, sweeps, and gun retention
- Wrist control and pushing counters
- Turtle, running escape and rolling
- Suspect extraction from vehicle
- Pistol, stick, and knife defense
- Mount, knee on stomach
- Clinches and takedowns
- Multiple attackers
- Retention drills
What will the student be required to do?
- Fight through being attacked by single and multiple opponents in a dynamic and realistic scenario for police officers.
- Think outside the box and consider multiple threats simultaneously. This training method increases the real-world scenario of continually evolving high-stress situations.
- Accurately examine their mindset and identify areas where they have begun to lose ground physically and psychologically.
- Successfully address threat(s), gain compliance or control, and maintain situational awareness and mental clarity during these practical exams.
- Continually choose to place themselves beyond the possibility of defeat.
Train Hard * Train to Win
This course is very high-level and will challenge the student to consider their personal, physical, and psychological vulnerability and then adapt to that and overcome any adversity or threat they are approaching.
Law Enforcement Response to Mixed Martial Arts Attack is a tactical course taught by former U.F.C. Fighter Todd Brown. All areas of the course will require high levels of physical exertion. You will leave dirty, exhausted, and ultimately fired up about what you just completed!
This course will challenge the student to physically and mentally fight without ceasing during scenarios that may feel too intense or overwhelming. They will use techniques and mental mindsets to expand their understanding of tactical counters to life-threatening situations.
The student will be given proven techniques to counter assaults that will mentally and physically prepare them for victory in battle if implemented.
Instructor Todd Brown
Student Take Away
- A greater understanding of where their training is vulnerable to attack.
- Identified core techniques to identify, improve, and master their skills, leaving them prepared for victory.
- Proven training that imparts very technical aspects of fighting skills into a student-level course for successfully applying these fighting skills to real-world police encountering
- This training will count for 7/14 hours of L.E.T.B. Physical Tactics Training.
- The student will receive a certificate of course completion.
- (1 day) 7-hour course. or (2 Day) 14 hours
- No Re-certification is required.
Instructor: Todd Brown
- U.F.C. Veteran
- 3rd Degree Black Belt Brazilian Jiujitsu Carlson Gracie Team
- Muay Thai Kickboxing Kru, Master Toddy
- 93 wins and four losses in a fighting career
- U.S.M.C. Veteran
Instructor: Ron Hantz
- 25-plus year police officer
- Khan Police Control Tactics (K.P.C.T.) Close Quarter Combat Instructor
- MarTac Tactical Physical Tactics Instructor
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (P.P.C.T.) - Instructor
- Protective Training Systems (P.T.S.) Close Quarter Combat Instructor
- D.P.S. Close Quarter Combat Instructor (certification through Black Belt Dr. Paul Whitesell)
- Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board Certified Physical Tactics Instructor
- Kung Fu San Soo Black Belt
- Police Use of Force Expert Witness
Required Course Equipment
Attending students will need to be enrolled individually and online. The student will be required to provide proof of employment by credentials, work-verified email, or authorization from their agency’s training coordinator. All students must be on duty and not forced to attend the training course.
Students are required to bring the following equipment with them to class.
- Groin and mouth protection is recommended.
- Wear comfortable clothes that may get dirty or damaged.
**No live weapons, chemical agents, or intermediate weapons are allowed in the training area**
- Master Instructor Trainer for the Strategies & Tactics of Patrol Stops Officer Survival Program. (1 of 3 promoted to this status, out of nearly 4500 S.T.O.P.S Instructors in the United States).
- DPS Close Quarter Combat Instructor (certification through Black Belt Dr. Paul Whitesell)
- Taser International Instructor- for Taser Electronic Control Devices
- Def Tech Distraction Devices-Instructor
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) - Instructor
- Defensive Tactics -Straight baton -Weapon Retention / Disarming techniques
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) - Instructor
- IACP Drug Recognition Expert
- Safe and Legal Traffic Stops (SALTS) - Instructor
- Less than Lethal Deployment Instructor Def-Tech - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Agent Aerosol (CN/CS/OC) - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Munitions - Instructor
- MarTac Tactical Physical Tactics Instructor
- Use of Force Expert Witness (utilized in Federal and State Courts, and Department Discipline Hearings)
- Police Tactics and Traffic Stops Expert Witness
- NRA Pistol Instructor
- Vice President of Mishawaka Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 96
“Give yourself the real-life tools needed to survive any situation.”
3rd Degree Black Belt Brazilian Jiujitsu Carlson Gracie Team
Muay Thai Kickboxing Kru, Master Toddy
93 wins and 4 losses in fighting career