Tactical Vehicle Combatives Live Fire, Brown County Sheriff's Department TVCLF2022-02
until July 11, 2022 16:00
About this course
"Hire character. Train skill." —Peter Schutz
Officers attending this course will be challenged both mentally and physically to their limits. Officers will be forced to make shoot or don't shoot decisions while overcoming fatigue and a stressful training atmosphere. Officers will be subjected to fighting and shooting during this course, in dynamic and realistic scenario-based training. This course will require the student to bring 100 rounds of target ammunition for their duty weapon
What will the student learn?
- Approach patterns on traffic stops with a concentration on dynamics of utilizing angles to counter assaults.
- Environment and bystander awareness (terrain concerns and escape avenues), controlling space.
- How to escape from Ambush Positions.
- Proper placement of violator(s) and backup units.
- Case law pertinent to police use of force vehicle stops.
What will the student be required to do?
- Make shoot or don't shoot decisions while overcoming fatigue and a stressful training atmosphere
- Fight through being attacked by single and multiple opponents in a dynamic and realistic scenario for police officers.
- Officers will be subjected to fighting and shooting in dynamic and realistic scenario-based training
- Think outside the box and consider multiple threats at one time. This training method increases the real-world scenario of continually evolving high-stress situations.
- Accurately examine their mindset and identify areas where they have begun to lose ground physically and psychologically. They will be pushed to their mental and physical limits
- Successfully address threat(s), gain compliance or control, maintain situational awareness and mental clarity during these practical exams.
- This course is a hands-on outdoor activity to keep the student engaged and interested in learning concepts to enhance his/her ability to seek out the criminal element, quickly identify it, and be prepared if a lethal force encounter were to occur.
- Required to bring 100 rounds of target ammunition for their duty weapon
Train Hard * Train to Win
This course is a very high-level intensity and will challenge the student to consider their personal, physical, and psychological vulnerability and then adapt for that and overcome any adversity or threat they are approached with.
TVC-LF is a tactical course that will require high levels of physical exertion. You will leave dirty, exhausted, and ultimately fired up about what you just completed!
This course will challenge the student to physically and mentally fight without ceasing during scenarios that they may feel or too intense or overwhelming. They will use technique and mental mindsets to expand their current understanding of tactical counters to life-threatening situations.
The student will be given proven techniques to counter assaults that will mentally and physically prepare them for victory in battle if implemented as instructed.
Student Take Away
- A greater understanding of strategies and tactics to counter vehicle approach ambushes and planned assaults on officers.
- Identified core techniques to identify, improve, and master their tactical skills, leaving them prepared for victory.
- Proven training that imparts very tactical mindsets and movements into a student-level course for successfully applying these strategies into real-world police encounters.
- The student will receive a certificate of course completion.
- (1 day) 7-hour course.
- No Re-certification is required.
Required Course equipment
Attending students will need to be enrolled individually online. The student will be required to provide proof of employment either by credentials, work verified email or authorization from their agency's training coordinator. All students must be on duty and not forced to attend the training course. Students will be required to complete several liability waivers
Students are required to bring the following equipment with them to class.
- 100 Rounds of ammo for their duty weapon. Duty positioning of their weapon, either full belt or side holster, but must be what they wear daily. This training is for how they encounter assailants on a daily basis which is why uniform of the day (weapon placement only) is required.
- Bulletproof Vest
- OSHA approved Eye and ear protection.
**No live weapons, chemical agents, or intermediate weapons are allowed in the training area prior to inspection and cleared by range safety instructor**
- Master Instructor Trainer for the Strategies & Tactics of Patrol Stops Officer Survival Program. (1 of 3 promoted to this status, out of nearly 4500 S.T.O.P.S Instructors in the United States).
- DPS Close Quarter Combat Instructor (certification through Black Belt Dr. Paul Whitesell)
- Taser International Instructor- for Taser Electronic Control Devices
- Def Tech Distraction Devices-Instructor
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) - Instructor
- Defensive Tactics -Straight baton -Weapon Retention / Disarming techniques
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) - Instructor
- IACP Drug Recognition Expert
- Safe and Legal Traffic Stops (SALTS) - Instructor
- Less than Lethal Deployment Instructor Def-Tech - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Agent Aerosol (CN/CS/OC) - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Munitions - Instructor
- MarTac Tactical Physical Tactics Instructor
- Use of Force Expert Witness (utilized in Federal and State Courts, and Department Discipline Hearings)
- Police Tactics and Traffic Stops Expert Witness
- NRA Pistol Instructor
- Vice President of Mishawaka Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 96