Ron Hantz has been a law enforcement officer since 1993. Ron has attended over 5000 hours of advanced police training in numerous officer survival topics. Ron is a certified field training officer, was a patrol sergeant for five years, and was the Field Training Unit Manager for the Mishawaka Police Department. Ron was also the Training Officer for the Waterloo Police Department (1995-1997), and the Dekalb County Sheriffs Department from 1993-1995.
Ron also was assigned to the Neighborhood Enforcement Team for 6 years focusing on inner city street level drug interdiction and investigations.
Ron has advanced training and experience in SWAT operations, crash investigations, as well as being a Drug Recognition Expert. Ron is a martial arts student in several disciplines of combat arts. Ron has instructed more than 6500 Federal, State, and Local police officers throughout the United States in officer survival tactics. Ron is a certified Instructor Generalist and Physical Tactics Instructor through the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board and is currently a member of the ST. Joseph County Metro Fatal Alcohol Crash Team as a Drug Recognition Expert.
Ron is certified and qualified in the following specialized courses of instruction:
- Master Instructor Trainer for the Strategies & Tactics of Patrol Stops Officer Survival Program.
- 1 of 3 promoted to this status, out of nearly 4500 S.T.O.P.S Instructors in the United States.
- DPS Close Quarter Combat Instructor (certification attained through Black Belt Hall of Fame member Dr. Paul Whitesell)
- Taser International Instructor- for Taser Electronic Control Devices
- Def Tech Distraction Devices-Instructor
- Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT) - Instructor
- Defensive Tactics -Straight baton -Weapon Retention / Disarming techniques
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) - Instructor
- Safe and Legal Traffic Stops (SALTS) - Instructor
- Less than Lethal Deployment Instructor Def-Tech - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Agent Aerosol (CN/CS/OC) - Instructor
- Def Tech Chemical Munitions - Instructor
- MarTac Tactical Physical Tactics Instructor
- Use of Force Expert Witness (utilized in Federal and State Courts, and Department Discipline Hearings)
- Police Tactics and Traffic Stops Expert Witness
- Executive Director of the Strategies and Tactics of Patrol Stops Officer Survival Program