The goal of the (S.T.O.P.S) training program is to instruct sworn law enforcement officers in the following:
- how to conduct tactical traffic stops with officers survival being the foremost concern
- how to counter both accidental and felonious assaults
- how to assess the risks and recognize the threat cues by both the driver and passengers
- how to safely position the police and violator vehicles
- how to safely approach vehicles and keep control while making contact with the driver/passengers
- how to safely conduct commercial vehicle traffic stops
- how to tactically conduct high-risk stops
- how to counter ambush assaults and win
- how to escape from the 12 ambush zones
- how to safely conduct drug interdiction stops
- how to avoid citizen complaints and conflicts with violators
It is our most popular and fastest growing course and is being taught by many State Police Academies nationally.
The experience of the S.T.O.P.S program goes beyond the citation to focus on a safe, successful outcome.